Date: Monday, October 28th
Time: 12:15-1:30pm (food will be served at 12:15 and the presentation with start at 12:30 sharp)
Location: UCC Council Chambers, UCC Room 315
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/event/8937392983
Sheetal Gupta, CPA (Associate Director of Career Information at CPA Ontario) will be here to speak about the CPA profession.
You'll find out information about:
- The status on unification in Ontario and Canada
- What CPAs do, where they work, and how you can get involved now
- The number of options you have for where you can get your work experience. It's no longer just accounting firms, you can now also get your practical experience at places like Manulife, RBC, CIBC, Bell, Rogers and Barrick Gold. Find out how and what the major differences are in the Pre-Approved path and Experience Verification path.
- As a former recruiter with a Big 4 accounting firm, Sheetal will give you tips on the recruiting process and how to get hired
- If you're deciding between finance and accounting, Sheetal will also be speaking about CPA Ontario’s "Chartered for Finance" Conference where CPAs from companies such as TD Securities, Imperial Capital Group, BMO Capital Markets, RBC Capital Markets, CIBC Mellon, FTI Consulting, Northbridge Financial Corporation and other companies will be speaking about why having their CPA has helped them in the world of finance.
There will be food and drinks provided at this event, so come hungry!