What is an Internship?
The DAN Management Internship Program is Western's cooperative education opportunity for undergraduate DAN Management & Organizational Studies students. It allows qualified Western University DAN Management students to work in paid, career related placements for an extended period, at a senior point in their academic studies. Under the DAN Management Industry Internship Program, students work full time for a period of 8 to 16 months before returning to Western University to complete the final year of a 4 year undergraduate Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies degree.
Employers may create internship opportunities for students in Accounting, Commercial Aviation Management, Consumer Behavior, Finance, and Human Resource Management.
- Gain access to academically well-qualified students
- Bring enthusiasm and drive to your organization at a low cost
- Leverage the extended work term to save on recruitment training and costs
- Consistency of workforce and workflow
- Evaluate potential as future full-time employee
- Have a student ambassador to promote your organization to other future students
Tax Credits and Funding
Co-operative Education Tax Credit
These are intended as guidelines only and are not intended to replace the current tax legislation.
- The Co-operative Education Tax Credit (CETC) is a refundable tax credit available to eligible businesses that employ post-secondary students enrolled in qualifying co-operative education programs at eligible educational institutions.
- In Ontario, the Co-operative Education Tax Credit allows you to deduct 25% - 30% of salaries, wages, and benefits to a maximum of $3,000 for each qualifying work term (4 months).
An eligible employer includes all corporations or unincorporated businesses with permanent establishments in Ontario subject to Ontario corporate income tax or Ontario personal income tax. Members of a partnership may share the CETC for each qualifying work placement. Limited partners are not entitled to this credit; however, the general partners of a limited partnership are entitled to share the credit.